The 2000 Experience
Fun family dinghy sailing, cruising and training at Itchenor Sailing Club
With a mixed programme of training, cruising, fun racing and regattas each weekend, the 2000 Dinghy Sailing Experience is ideal for families, couples and individuals looking to have fun whilst developing their sailing skills.
A group of interested visitors with 2000
The events are tailored for those who want to enjoy being out on the water in a relaxed atmosphere without the challenges of serious competitive racing. Whether you want to learn to sail or do a bit of fun racing, we have it covered.
What’s more there is no need to own your own boat, we have a fleet of new 2000 dinghies that members can hire.
With dinghy training available from experienced RYA instructors, you can also take part in a range of social activities including cruising, beach picnics and regattas. Here at Itchenor we have access to sailing water at all states of the tide, which means you can get out and enjoy the harbour anytime of the day.
How to Become a Member of our 2000 Dinghy Sailing Experience
For the first year you can enjoy a special introductory members’ offer and FREE first use (whole day hire) of one of our 2000 dinghies. Those who have yet to reach the required level to take a boat out on your own will receive a FREE half-day training session.
Introductory Membership offer
Family membership for the first season, including all children under 18, is competitively priced at £69 per month. This Family membership offer is based on a member, their partner and all children under 18. It drops to £53 if the main member is aged under 35.
Single membership is priced at £47 per month. Under 35 is £36.10. Under 30 is £21.30
To find out more about becoming a member please call 01243 512400 and talk to one of our friendly team - mentioning the 2000 Experience.
You are also welcome to visit the Club by prior arrangement to be shown around the facilities and meet the team.
How it all works
There are 5 easy steps to becoming a 2000 Experience member at Itchenor Sailing Club.
- Read through these pages and think, 'I'd love to get on the water'.
- Contact the Club Office on 01243 512400 and talk to one of our 2000 Experience team. Let them know if you are a beginner or an existing sailor. The programme works if you have no experience or if you have sailed.
- Pay your first month's membership on a Debit Card and sign a Direct Debit for the future. Please note, all monthly payments are one tenth of the full year’s subscription but you can cancel your Direct Debit after a month and are not committed.
- NOTE: For the first year you can enjoy a special introductory members’ offer and FREE first use (whole day hire) of one of our 2000 dinghies. Those who have yet to reach the required level to take a boat out on your own will receive a FREE half-day training session.
- Book your boat online at £50 for a whole day or £35 for half a day.
If you require tuition as well as boat hire, then please call the office (01243 512400) as they will need to organise your instructor for you. There is an additional fee payable for tuition which is £160 per day or £80 for a half day.
- Come down to the Club - sign out your boat (depending on experience) or meet your instructor and get sailing!