Special arrangements for the restart of waterside activities at Itchenor Sailing Club - Update from 28 May
Published 11:37 on 20 May 2020
Crew transport service
Dolphin will operate this weekend 30/31 May from 1200 to 1600. It will also act as a "call by VHF only" support boat for any on water activity in the vicinity of the club.
The maximum allowed capacity will be one household group at a time.
Users must: -
- *Observe the social distancing lines on the jetty queuing area.
- *Observe social distancing in the ferry.
- *Take extra care and wear gloves and face protection which users will need to supply.
The volunteer driver will be carefully selected from a group with recent activity makes them extremely unlikely to be infectious and will: -
- *Collect the key and bag remotely by arrangement with the office.
- *Wear gloves and face protection.
- *Clean the ferry periodically during use.
- *Respond to calls on Ch46A and Ch M1/37A on two handheld radios.
A RIB will be operated by a volunteer to support sailing activities. This facility will patrol the area between Itchenor and Rookwood.
On 30/31 May this will operate between 1200 and 1600.
The club tenders will be available. Users must: -
- *Wear a buoyancy aid.
- *Return the tender within 45 minutes of taking it.
- *Take their own measures to protect themselves e.g. gloves and self-cleaning, as there is no club cleaning regime in place for these tenders.
- *Report any deficiencies to the office.
Staging and Slipways
The staging, rigging and launching areas at the club are anticipated to be operating at a fraction of their full capacity allowing plenty of space. The club will monitor attendance to see that this remains the case. Users must: -
- *Follow the circulation arrows.
- *Take particular care to observe social distancing between groups at all times.
- *Avoid congregating in groups.
- * Use the hand washing facilities provided by the club wall and in the toilets.
At weekends from 30th May the male loos in the changing rooms in the Members Building and the loos in female changing rooms will be open. Users must observe social distancing at all times. Access doors will be held open. A cleaning regime is in place and cleaning equipment will be provided for handles where contact cannot be avoided.
A cleaning regime is in place for this facility but users must: -
- *Follow the signed instructions.
- *Observe social distancing whilst queuing.
- *Leave the facility as they found them.
Last updated 10:30 on 28 May 2020