Boats for Sale / Wanted
If you would like to post a boat for sale please email full details to the Club office.
Please also let us know if you have successfully sold your boat (or if you have withdrawn it).
Items will be automatically removed after 3 months, please let us know if you would like us to retain the posting.
Ghost number 10 racing dinghy (£3,000)
Posted: 24th March 2020
Contact: Chris Wren (07967 147603)
Very rare. Beautiful ribboned sapele wood. Ready to sail with spinnaker, boom-up cover, roller furling genoa, combi-trailer, a copy of the plans. Kept in top of purpose built garage.
Small Boat/Dinghy/Tender wanted ideally with outboard
Posted: 24th March 2020
Contact: Dean (07976 383612)
For leisure use locally, life jackets also required, would prefer GRP hull.
Swallow 79, Stealth (£3,000 ono)
Posted: 11th Feb 2020
Contact: Adrian Fisk (07775 715 990)
Competitive boat, race ready, Stealth (ex. Serenade) was completely refurbished in 2012 by Haines:
- Top side sanded fared and epoxy painted
- Hull stripped fared and repainted
- New Harken fittings (including mainsheet track) and running rigging installed
- Tackstick, depth, wind direction timer
Stealth has been lightly raced and kept well maintained and comes complete with:
- One good set of Batt racing sails plus spare jib and spinnaker
- Carbon Spinnaker pole
- Road trailer
- Boom cover
- Winter cover
Swallow + trailer (£3,000)
Posted 7th January 2019
Contact: Bobby Rusack (01728 663496)
The Swallow is an exciting yacht to sail and is ideal as a day-sailor. She can be sailed easily with a crew of two as well as taking three for heavier winds.
- Specification: Length 27ft beam 4.6 ft depth 3.3ft. No engine
- Spindrift has been stored undercover for all winters and comes with a new mast (in 2014).
- The hull and cockpit floor is GRP (redone professionally in 2012).
- She has a wooden deck. She comes with a road trailer.
- She has been sailed regularly at Aldeburgh and has an extensive sail wardrobe.
She is available now because the racing in Aldeburgh is longer of interest to the owner.
Available now with road trailer for £3,000
Orkney "Longliner" motorboat 16 + trailer (free to charity)
Posted: 2nd December 2019
Contact: 01403 753074
Free to Youth Organisation or for a modest contribution to charity by private individual buyer. This boat must be seen to be appreciated
- Good river/sea boat
- GRP Molded in clinker-built style with "cuddy" open aft
- fixed magnetic compass
- lifebuoy mounted about cuddy
- CQR anchor and ropes
- small paddles
- rowlocks but no oars (recommended)
- Originally equipped with radio (ariels still standing)
- GPS and echo sounder - redundant, no longer carried
- Assorted small tools and materials including inboard petrol tank if required, tyre foot pump & covers
Overall condition is good but needs some cosmetic work. The boat at present has no engine (longshart) but a 4-stroke Yamaha can be made available at an attractive negotiable price if required. Located within a mile of Shoreham and available for viewing.
Merlin Rocket 3758 + trailer (£12,000)
Contact: Tim Saxton (07962 225 966)
I have owned and raced this boat since I joined the class in 2016. It's a great boat, has been well looked after and has been dry stored since I owned it. Selling it as I'm now racing my new Merlin Rocket.
It's set-up ready to race and compete at the top level, having finished top 10 at the nationals on several occasions and won multiple Silver Tiller events.
Full details below, please ask any further questions.
- Canterbury Tales Winder, built 2013, with 16.7kg lead correctors
- Paragon high modulus (skinny) carbon mast
- Twin "fly-away" carbon spinnaker poles
- Spare (repaired) carbon spinnaker pole
- Carbon boom
- Winder rudder and centreboard
- New, strengthened carbon rudder stock in 2018
- Original carbon rudder stock
- Fully adjustable and continuous control systems, including "pump" spinnaker halyard
- Foam centreboard case filler
- Tactick micro compass and bracket
- 1 HD Jib, new 2018, used 1 light Salcombe week only
- 1 full suit November 2016 HD sails. Pink Spinnaker. Good condition. As used at this years Silver Tiller events
- 1 full suit June 2016 HD sails. Grey Spinnaker. Good condition. Suitable for windy events or club racing
- 1 full suit North sails. Blue Spinnaker. Used but good condition. Suitable for club racing or training
- Combi trolley and road trailer
- Good condition under cover, trailing top cover and mast up top cover
- Fitted cross bar and bow straps
- Mast cover
- Rudder Bag
- Lighting board
Last updated 12:03 on 14 May 2020