Welcome to Itchenor Sailing Club.
We look forward to seeing you at one of our Open Events soon. Please book online for our Open Events here.
Information for Visitors
Arrival by road:
- PO20 7AG
- What 3 Words: REGRETTED - SECURES - MISTY (https://w3w.co/regretted.secures.misty)
- Visitors should leave the A27 Chichester Bypass at the junction with the A286 which is signposted Bracklesham and the Witterings. At the mini roundabout at Birdham (4.6 miles) take the B2179 signposted West Wittering. The turning to Itchenor is a right-hand turning about half a mile further on the right. Itchenor village is at the end of this road (1.2 Miles) with the private Club Lane leading to the Sailing Club on the right side immediately opposite The Ship public house.
Access and car/boat parking:
- Cars are NOT permitted to use Club Lane. Trailers can be wheeled down Club Lane but only by hand. Cars should be parked in the Conservancy Public Car Park off the approach road to Northshore Shipyard. It is pay and display (coins only) or pay by phone via MiPermit.
- Dinghies are berthed on the wooden dinghy staging. There is a gate onto the staging and the Office or Bar has the code if it's locked. Visitors trailers, Double trailers and large trailers will be stored offsite. There is easy launching and recovery at all states of the tide.
- RIBs are not permitted on the staging and cannot be launched or moored at the Club without prior consent - please contact the Sailing Manager to make arrangements.
- Current wind data - Cambermet / Chimet / Windycator
- Weather Forecasts - Windfinder / XC Weather / Windguru
- Tidal data - Admiralty
- Torn a sail or broken something? - View our Local Sailing Facilities document.
- Club Office: The Club Office is reached via the stairs of the Members Building next to the front lawn. Our door is always open and we will be pleased to provide further information about the Club and local area, take entries, bookings for meals and accommodation etc. Opening Hours, April-October: 9am - 5pm, every day, November-March: 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday. Contact the office on 01243 512400 or via email.
- Children: Children are always welcome at the Club however those under 12 are not allowed in the bar after 7 pm. We ask that children under 12 are under the continuous personal supervision of a responsible adult. All children under 12 on the harbour side of the wall must wear personal buoyancy for their own safety.
- Dogs: We're sorry that dogs, other than guide dogs, are not allowed in the Clubhouse during the sailing season. They may pass across the lawn on a lead and are welcome on the harbour side of the wall but must please be kept on a lead and accompanied by their owner at all times.
- Valuables: Visitors are strongly advised not to leave valuables unattended in the changing rooms. There are free lockers outside the Gents changing room and inside the Ladies changing room which can be used for small personal effects. Please note that there is a charge to replace lost locker keys.
Last updated 11:22 on 28 November 2023