ISC Warning Notice
ALL USERS OF CLUB PONTOONS, STAGING SLIPWAYS AND SWIMMING POOL
Members of the Club, their guests and visitors use the Club premises and facilities entirely at their own risk as set out in the General Disclaimer (Section 1 Rule 1.20 General Disclaimer).
The staging, slipways and pontoon areas of the Club premises are potentially dangerous and activities on and from these facilities are the subject of a risk assessment. The risks are assessed "As Low as Reasonably Practicable (ALARP)" but this can only be maintained if all users exercise care and vigilance. The following rules and notices are particularly important:
It is always dangerous to swim in the tideway and particularly so when there is a tide running. The Club swimming pool, properly supervised and used strictly within the rules can be a safe and valuable recreational Club asset.
Safety Rules for Club Staging and Swimming Pool
These rules apply to the use of the staging and the jetties North of the garden wall. This area can be surrounded by water at high tide and includes a swimming pool.
1. All children under 12 years old, whether Honorary Child Members, Junior Members or guests, shall wear personal flotation within this area at all times. The only exception to this rule is when using the swimming pool under adult supervision, as set out below in note 3(4).
2. Members are not permitted, unless in a supervised Club working party, to use in this area any appliances run off mains electricity. The use of power tools of more than 110v is prohibited.
3. Rules for use of the swimming pool:
(1) Use of the pool is restricted to Club Members and their signed in guests.
(2) The pool is out of bounds to all between 1900 - 0700.
(3) Children under 16 years old and non-swimmers shall not use the pool unless supervised by an adult
(4) When using the pool and supervised, children under 12 years old may remove their lifejackets.
(5) There shall be no running, diving or jumping into or skylarking around the pool.
(6) No glasses or bottles are permitted within the vicinity of the pool.
(7) The pool's safe capacity is 30 people.
(8) Users are strongly advised that swimming soon after consuming food or alcohol is particularly dangerous. Members and their guests who see anyone misbehaving or acting stupidly and dangerously anywhere on the staging, have a duty of care to stop them and inform the Secretary or Officer of the Club.
IMMEDIATE ACTION IN AN EMERGENCY
Shout for help / summon assistance
Administer first aid if safe to do so and seek assistance.
Keep the area clear
Inform the Office with assessment of situation.
Last updated 15:22 on 23 September 2020