Registration Sunday 26th July
Week 1 Monday 27th July
Week 2 Monday 3rd August*
Junior Fortnight is a two week racing and social event for 8 to 18 year olds. We have awesome competitive racing coupled with a full social programme making this the youth sailing and social event of the year. There is racing across a range of classes including: Mirror, Topper, Feva XL, International 420 and Laser Radial.
We're very lucky to have a wonderful support crew and help from parents, guardians and supporters, all of whom come together to help make the event a success. We appreciate that it requires a huge commitment from supporters as well as competitors and we feel very privileged that the Itchenor sailing community comes together which enables us to host this event year in year out.
Each year there are more than 500 duties on and off the water and we ask that each competitor bring along at least one adult able to do a minimum of two duties (one water based) or more if involved in more than one of the class competitions (see below for more information on duties)
- - Schedule of events sailing & social (to follow)
- - Please book online here
*All events at the Club subject to change due to the current Coronavirus pandemic. Please contact the office for enquiries.
Junior Fortnight Duties
- Duties for 2020 will appear here just prior to the start of the event.
- We depend on the support of parents/guardians to ensure the safety of the children during the event. Accordingly all parents/guardians are required to do a number of duties, both ashore and afloat.
- Preferences for dates and roles will be accommodated as far as possible, but the JF Committee retains the right to allocate parents/guardians in line with the ISC Safety Policy.
- Please note that late entries will be allocated duties but that individual preferences may not be considered.
- For parents/guardians undertaking support boat duties they will be required to have an RYA Powerboat Level 2 Certificate or have taken part in an ISC Safety Boat Skills and PB2 Accreditation prior to Sunday 26th July 2020. Training sessions in relation to support boat duties can be found and booked here. Failure to turn up for a duty will result in a £150 fine in line with ISC policy.
- The JF Committee will publish a list of school leavers who will be eligible to do duties for a suggested payment of £70 per day (£45 for a half day). An eligible school leaver is aged 17 or over, having left school at the end of the summer term 2019 and holds a RYA Power Boat Level 2 Certificate. The Committee is keen to encourage competitors to compete in as many events as possible. It will therefore try to limit the maximum number of duties to 7 for any family.
- Thank you! JF Committee
Last updated 12:03 on 14 May 2020