Updated 11 September 2021
Dates for Junior Fortnight 2022 have now been confirmed from Monday 25th July to Friday 5th August with registration on Sunday 24th July 2022.
We are really grateful for the feedback received from JF 2021 competitors and parents in the post event questionnaires.
We tried a number of new initiatives this year and are delighted these have generally been so well received. There were certain unavoidable restrictions due to the ongoing Covid pandemic and there are a few other areas where we know we can make JF 2022 an even better event.
To assist with your planning for JF 2022, we want to make all potential competitors and their families aware of the following:-
- JF 2022 will be restricted to 200 competitors aged 8-19 (age at 1 September 2021)
- There will also be limits on the number of boats competing in each sailing event to assist with smooth race management and rescue cover
- We will programme the racing to allow competitors to compete in two events if they wish (ie one in the morning and another in the afternoon)
- We expect to race Mirrors non-spinnaker, Mirrors spinnaker, Toppers am and Toppers pm, Feva XLs, 420s and Laser Radials. It is possible that one of the Topper events will provide a start for 4.2m rigs and, subject to interest levels and logistics, this would be timed to allow participants to compete in Mirrors spinnaker as well
- The entry fee will be a single price regardless of the number of weeks or events entered by the competitor and will include a wristband for the food, social programme and registration bag
- With the exception of Family Fun Week (FFW) where it will be possible to enter for one week, all entries will be for the whole fortnight
- We will run Family Fun Week (FFW) for non-spinnaker Mirrors only in the first week of JF allowing parents and older siblings to crew a younger competitor. It will be possible to enter for just FFW without doing the remainder of JF
- Event entry will be opened to ISC members only around Easter and will close on 31 May 2022
- Social package wristbands including food for parents/ guardians and younger siblings (Pink group only under 8 years of age) of ISC members will be released for sale at the same time
- If there is additional space, event entry will then be opened to members of Chichester Harbour Federation clubs on 1 June 2022 with an additional temporary membership fee and entry will close when JF is full
- Subject to availability, social package wristbands will also be released for sale to temporary member parents/ guardians and younger siblings from Chichester Harbour Federation clubs
- The minimum entry requirement will be rigorously enforced for JF 2022. Entries will only be accepted from competitors who have raced a minimum of 4 days in the period 1 September 2021 - 31 May 2022. However, first time competitors of JF will also be able to count training days
- In addition to meeting the sailing criteria an entry will only be accepted with confirmation of a sail number (+ 2021 tally number if applicable) helm and, in the case of double handed boats, the crew name. Entries stating "tbc" will not be accepted. Entrants must also be a member of a recognised sailing club
- We will be running a full social programme for competitors and parents, similar to 2021 which will be after racing for all. This will mostly be based at ISC with a little more focus for the Yr 9-13 age groups
- We will continue to require parents/ guardians to make themselves available for duties as a condition of entry. Like JF 2021, we expect this to be two half day duties per child per event but obviously this is dependent on numbers
- We will be running evening racing and other activities for parents again in JF 2022
We would like to remind you that DE Photo took some great photographs of the racing and prizegiving in JF 2021 and if you have not yet had time to review and make a purchase please click on this link www.dephoto.biz
Please sign up to the JF 2022 Notices WhatsApp now so we can send you an occasional update on our plans as they evolve and alert you when entries open https://chat.whatsapp.com/DIyGIn5Wq12D6IM1bz9jtO
4. H&S form - Heading Junior Sailing https://www.itchenorsc.co.uk/a...
*All events at the Club subject to change due to the current Coronavirus pandemic. Please contact the office for enquiries
Last updated 11:33 on 11 September 2021