Junior Fortnight Competitor Entry
Thank you to our harbour club friends for such a quick response -* JF 2022 is now fully sold out! *
We have quite a few disappointed sailors so if anyone has a change of mind about their JF commitment there will be a cancellation fee amnesty until the end of the weekend and you can remove yourself from the booking and email the office to confirm.
Junior Fortnight Competitor Entry Fee Includes: Registration Bag, T Shirt, Tally Numbers (if required), 10 x Club Suppers, Racing Charts & Social Wrist Band.
Before You Book
- Please make sure you have read the Notice of Race (NOR) before you attempt to book anything link here)
- Please ensure that you have completed the 2022 PARENT/GUARDIAN CONSENT AND SUPERVISION FORM (link here)
- Race entry is open to Full and Junior/ Youth Trial ISC members only from 3rd May to 20th June 2022
- An exception is that a Full or Junior/ Youth Trial ISC helm may enter with a crew who is not an ISC member (but a member of an RYA affiliated sailing club)
- If this crew is not a Full or Taster ISC member he/she will need to contact the club office to buy temporary JF membership for JF and be put on the booking system by the club before their helm can progress their race entry process
- To qualify to race in JF 2022, helms and crews will be required to declare that they have completed 4 racing days as helm or crew in the JF class(es) of boat for which they are entering and state the details (see NOR) for their entry to be confirmed. For the avoidance of doubt, the qualification days are in the period since 1 September 2021 and if they are planning to race in two JF events we do not require a minimum of 8 racing days. This information will be checked
- Entrants may submit their entry without yet having completed the minimum 4 racing days. All entrants will be placed on a waiting list until they have met this requirement. Qualification days will be checked before entry is accepted and payment is taken
- For a helm to successfully complete a race event entry their boat and crew details will need to be on the drop down list within their profile on the club booking system (Sailing Club Manager). If it is not there the club does not have record of it having an ISC stage berth or paying racing fees for the 2022 season. Please call the office to add the boat onto your profile.
- You will additionally be asked to confirm whether the JF 2021 tally number is still on the sail of your boat (link here) and confirm whether you need a temporary stage berth for JF
- Junior/ Youth Trial memberships are only available for new members for one year, please contact the club office to discuss in more detail
- Subject to availability, entry will open in June 2022 (date tbc) to members of other harbour/ RYA affiliated clubs and London Corinthian Sailing Club who take up temporary ISC membership for JF
- CANCELLATION POLICY only book tickets if you are fully committed to Junior Fortnight. Any cancellations from 24 June 2022 onwards will incur a 20% administration fee before the balance is returned. The administration fee will rise to 40% on 1 July, 60% on 8 July, 80% on 15 July and 100% on 22 July 2022.
Booking Tips -
- Booking is in two parts below; helms make the race entry and both helm and crew need to buy the colour group entry ticket for payment. So please scroll down to select the tickets you need:-
- Helms only - to book the race entry(ies) for their boat(s), themself and select their crew
- Helms - once all required race entry tickets are complete and have been added to the basket, the helm should book the relevant colour group entry ticket for their age, provide all requested information, add it to their basket and set up the event entry payment
- Crews will only be able to book the relevant colour group entry ticket for their age, provide all requested information, add it to a basket and set up their event entry payment when their helm has completed the process above
- With the exception of Mirror Fun Week (Mirror FW) entry, all race entry and colour group entry tickets are for two weeks and there is no discount for participating for one week.
- Mirror FW - Helms for Mirror FW/ Non-Spinnaker events must be 12 or under on 1 September 2021 (ie born on or after 1 September 2009) and name a crew of any age for Mirror FFW and under 12 (as above) for Mirror Non-Spinnaker Week 2
- Mirror FW/ Non-Spinnaker participants under 12 can choose to buy a one week Mirror FW only or a Fortnight yellow, orange or blue colour group entry ticket as required
- To help with event planning and avoid potential disappointment, we encourage you to book additional parent and pink colour group (for siblings of competitors under 8 years of age only) food and social bundle tickets now.
- This IT platform is hard wired to a 9 minute time limit for your shopping so make sure you are prepared and keep moving! Alternatively consider doing one child at a time.
Colour Group Age Ranges and Prices -
£210.00 - Red Group - (Born on or before 31st August 2006)
£200.00 - Green Group - (Born between 1st September 2006 & 31st August 2008)
£200.00 - Blue Group - (Born between 1st September 2008 & 31st August 2009)
£155.00 - Orange Group - (Born between 1st September 2009 & 31st August 2011)
£155.00 - Yellow Group - (Born between 1st September 2011 & 31st August 2013)
£95.00 - Pink Group - Age 8 & under (Born on or after the 1st September 2013)
Junior Fortnight Whatsapp Group
Please sign up to the JF 2022 Notices WhatsApp now so we can send you an occasional update on our plans as they evolve, with regular social and sailing updates once the event is underway.
Last updated 8:27am on 13 August 2022